Monday, September 29, 2008

Hello Cupcake OVERLOAD!!!

Much of the hype and the crowds have died down for Hello Cupcake, the hip little cupcake bakery that opened up in Dupont earlier this summer. When I stopped by there today at around noon to pick up a special order the place was pretty much deserted. I loaded up my 3 dozen cupcakes and headed back to work. In the mist of a crazy schedule, the crew at my little office have reason to celebrate! My boss is getting married this Friday. I couldn't think of a better way to mark the occasion than with a simple afternoon gathering, some super yummy cupcakes, and a couple bottles of champagne.

I can officially say I've tried 7 of Hello Cupcake's creative and ever so cute little treats in a matter of 2 trips. I must say, I've loved every thigh widening bite. "You tart", Lemon cake topped with lemon cream cheese frosting and a dash of yellow sugar on top, is my absolute favorite and it seemed like my colleagues agreed.

Some have said that Hello Cupcake is overrated. While I haven't combed the city of DC hunting out the best cupcake around, I'd say the place is worth a vist or two. The cake is moist and the frosting is creamy with just the right amount of sweetness. I'll definitely be back, even if it means a wait in line.

No comments: