Saturday, March 27, 2010

Single Girl's Supper: Chocolate Banana Pie

Since moving into my new place I've really been enjoying my new, larger kitchen. I've been so busy over the last few years I haven't really had a chance to cook and I've always loved cooking.  I remember my little brother turning down my pierogies with chopped tomatoes and onions. I didn't take it personally. He was six and it wasn't chicken nuggets.

Now I simply enjoying cooking for myself. I like quick, uncomplicated, and tasty dishes and desserts. I'll be posting a few here in my very own guide to the Single Girl's Supper.



I made this chocolate banana pie in around 20 minutes flat. This would be a great dessert for a dinner party. However, I'd probably take them out of the disposable pie plates for serving.

I started with:

Jell-O Pudding Mix- Banana
Mini Keebler Pie Crusts
3 squares of Ghirardelli Chocolate
1/2 banana
Milk
Whipped cream

(Makes 4 mini pies)




Prepare the pudding as directed. Melt the chocolate in the microwave with a splash of milk. Spread the chocolate into each of the pie shells.





Fill each pie shell with the pudding. Put the filled shells into the freezer to set for about 5 minutes.






Slice up 1/2 of the banana to top the pies.


Take the pies out of the freezer and top with whipped cream and banana slices.




They taste delicious and look like they took way more time than they actually did. Bet my brother wouldn't turn these bad boys down.


No comments: