Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Me and mom out on the town

The first day back to work after a long weekend is always a rough one. My mom came to visit and after 2 late nights out on the town, my age is definitely showing. I’m exhausted and the 2 million emails that have piled up over the last 3 days are not helping the situation. Sleeplessness aside, I had a wonderful weekend filled with lots of great memories with my mom.
Saturday night we hit the late show at the improv. That means in your seats at 10:30pm and nonstop laughing until around midnight. My head didn’t hit the pillow until 3am. Sunday was another all nighter. We got dolled up to sit front row at Duke Ellington’s Sophisticated Ladies at Lincoln Theater. This place is beautiful and the show was unbelievable. I seriously wanted to jump out of my seat and shimmy across the stage. The costumes were divine, and the set really took you back to another place and time. The highlight of the evening was when the show’s star, Maurice Hines strolled off the stage, swept my mom up from her seat, and danced a few steps right there in the aisle. The spot light was on her and my mom soaked it up! It was fantastic.

After the show, my mom made her way out of the theater like the super star she is, awash in compliments from other theater goers. It was really I night I’ll never forget.


The show runs until May 30th and is an absolute must see. Get your tickets here!

More to come on this and other events from the past week....

Later,
GURU

No comments: