Saturday, April 3, 2010

Single Girl's Supper: Quick and Easy Easter Brunch

I'm just headed out the door to pickup some last minute supplies for Easter Brunch.  Thought I'd share what's on the menu....

Country Potato Frittata
A classic combination of eggs, ham, potatoes, and veggies covered in cheese and served warm

Grilled Asparagus and Tomatoes
Fresh asparagus and ripe tomatoes seasoned and lightly grilled

Cresent Rolls with Warm Apple Butter

Banana Bread Pudding
Because every good meal needs dessert, I'll be making my signature bread pudding with a twist. I have some banana's burning a hole in the fridge and the cutest little mini bread loaf pans you've ever seen.

Mimosas
I got the OJ and they're bringing the champagne


I'm going to try this Country Potato Frittata Recipe from Cooks.com. I liked this one because it has ham in it which is what we always had at my house on Easter as a kid. I'll probably omit the peas.

 COUNTRY POTATO FRITTATA


1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. butter
1 1/2 oz. diced potato
3 eggs
1 tbsp. water
1/8 tsp. pepper
Dash salt
1/2 oz. cooked ham, diced
1/4 c. each frozen peas, thawed
Diced onion
Diced bell pepper
1/2 oz. Muenster cheese

In 8" skillet that has a metal or removable handle, heat oil over medium high heat; add potato and ham. Saute, stirring often, until potato is tender- crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Add peas, onion, bell pepper and saute until potato is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes longer. While potato is cooking in medium bowl beat together eggs, water and seasonings; pour over vegetable mixture and immediately stir quickly to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and cook until bottom of frittata begins to set, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer skillet to broiler and boil until top is puffed and lightly brown, about 2 minutes.

Pictures tomorrow!

HAPPY EASTER!!!

No comments: