Thursday, July 22, 2010

Single Girl's Supper: At home Indian Food

In a diverse area like the district there's no shortage of fabulous Indian restaurants. I've heard about recipes being passed down from one generation to the next and slow cooked meals that could take hours if not days to prepare. So, when I stumbled upon this line of frozen Indian entrees at Whole Foods from Tandoor Chef, I was a tad sceptical. Just how good could a frozen dinner be? But, I'm a busy girl and the thought of a delicious Indian meal at home in my pjs in under 5 minutes was just too good to pass up. So I purchased the Paneer Tikka and a box of the Garlic Naan.
Eager to try it, I heated the items up for dinner that night. The entree cooks in the microwave and I popped the naan in my toaster oven for a minute and a half. I added my own instant rice and, long story short, I'm sold! The meal was actually pretty good. So much so that I ran out this weekend and got about 5 more to stick in my freezer. Besides the look I got from the checkout guy- sad little single girl and her frozen dinners- and that fact that these bad boys are (while low in calories) fairly high in fat and sodium, the only other negative was the smell of curry lingering in my apartment for around 2 days. These meals are so tasty and convenient, I'm more than happy to crank up my Glade plug-in and run an extra mile or two from time to time.

Tanoor Chef is available in the freezer section at Whole Foods. They're all natural and come in a variety of dishes. Check out their website HERE.

Later,
Guru

No comments: