Thursday, July 15, 2010

Single Girl's Supper: Kitchen Sink Mahi Mahi

Maybe it was just my desire to try out my new fancy pants oven mitts (they kind of look like I swiped them from a fire fighter) that made me fire up my seldom used oven earlier this week. Seriously, what everyday, non-industrial kitchen adventure would ever require this amount of flame retardant protection is beyond me. But, I love mustard yellow...and I love my hands...oh...and I love getting the matching set for under $10 at Marshall's. There I was with two handy dandy oven mitts and an oven that has just about never been used.
So, what had me donning my brand new oven mitts and cranking up the old oven? A little something I've named Kitchen Sink Mahi Mahi- a yummy combination of cherry tomatoes, onions, sauteed spinach, carrots, and seasonings. Basically, whatever I had in the fridge that sounded like it would work.

 I took a fillet of mahi-mahi and seasoned it with olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder, and crushed red pepper. Then I added my veggies (minus the spinach) to the mix and baked at 375 for about 20 minutes. I sauteed fresh spinach separately. I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious it was! It was really flaky and flavorful. I was a little nervous about the tomatoes, but they were actually a really nice touch and went well with the spinach.

All this without a burn in sight thanks to my new firemen inspired oven mitts. What will I do with them next?  Fight forest fires or make cookies? Who knows!

Later,
Guru

No comments: