Monday, August 30, 2010

One Man's Clearance Rack....

A casual browse through Pier 1 earlier this week yielded some inspiration at major discounts. In a store known for it's worldly goods, their clearance rack can often be a random mix of interesting items. These three caught my eye. They were on clearance, but something about them made me think they were worth salvaging. 

I actually thought this little monkey holding a bowl was a bit scary at first. He definitely grew on me when I thought of him guarding the keys at a haunted house style Halloween Party or holding anything from mints to pocket change. It's a conversation piece for sure.

The faded paint and curved handles of this serving tray make it look extra special, like a piece that has been around for years. If you're into a more traditional Christmas decor, this would go great with holiday reds, gold, and green.


I really liked these initial mugs. The colors would go great for a casual fall or winter get together. I could totally see them full of hot apple cider or pumpkin spiced lattes on a brisk autumn evening. The font of the letters is like an old school typewriter. They could easily be worked into a theme for your next book club gathering or pop one into a care package for someone away at college.

No comments: