Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day trip'n to the Caribbean?


After the week I've had a little fun in the sun was just what I needed to start off the weekend. So after wrapping up things at work on Friday, I made my way down Penn Ave to Aria Trattoria's outdoor Caribbean themed party. The outdoor plaza had a festive feel with music playing and enough Hawaiian shirts in sight to rival any resort.

The seating was a bit disorganized. The host lead us in to the middle the crowd and told us we were free to sit anywhere we liked. We spent the next 20 minutes searching for a table and trying to get a very busy waitress' attention. By that point, I had a delicious rum punch in hand to help ease the blow. There were lots of food and drink specials as well as some cool give-aways. I didn't walk away with any prizes this time around, but I sure felt like a winner as I relaxed in the warm weather, sipped fruity drinks (with umbrellas of course), and nippled on Hawaiian pizza and other munches from the grill.

I overheard the planners say they're thinking about doing this every Friday! A girl can only hope. I left Aria Trattoria feeling like I'd had a mini vacation. Hopefully it will be enough to hold me over til I find the time for the real thing.

Aria Trattoria is a great spot. I highly recommend stopping by for lunch or dinner. The plaza is jumping all summer long during the lunch hour.

Aria Trattoria
Woodrow Wilson Plaza
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
202.312.1250
Metro: Federal Triangle
http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001sfcKPu2Zvai5t6gu_5C08ZDWVn-bcV_T5xltZn4CmTbX7jDX2NidmeB10x8ITNQ5dWwc7VrgZgeDRXC8-0lne588Iw5_i21A3TKLiiSO6Nr0MgzckIErnA==

Here's to hoping you find your fun in sun and take the time to live fabulously!
Guru

No comments: