Monday, August 18, 2008

MUST GO MONDAY!!!

I figured what better time than a Monday to share a “MUST GO” location with all of you. That means you have all week to go check it out! I was so happy to stumble across this hidden gem right in the middle of downtown Silver Spring. It’s called Across the Street Café and it’s spectacular! Open for only a few weeks, I’ve already heard and read so many impressive reviews of this place.
The décor is clean, and modern with a vary faint hint of a Middle Eastern flavor. The customer service was the best I’ve had in awhile. They were very attentive and friendly. I ordered the Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon in a Pinot Noir and Rosemary Reduction. The filet was a tad over cooked, but I’m kind of picky when it comes to my meat. The reduction was excellent. The mussels we ordered for an appetizer was really what sealed the deal for a repeat appearance. In addition to the steam mussels appetizer, they feature a selection of 5 specialty mussel dishes.
When I went in to the office today I was all about singing their praises to anyone that asked how my weekend went. When asked what kind of food they served, it was a little hard to describe. They have quite a variety. The best way I could explain it was that it's like going to a friend’s place who just happens to be a really great cook. The flavors where clean and simple, the presentation was unpretentious and cozy. I can’t wait to go back. For those of you who don’t venture outside of the district, this is worth the trip even if that means a ride on the unpredictable redline.
This is a MUST GO venue if you're looking to break away for the chains that are popping up everywhere, especially downtown Silver Spring. Located right across from AFI, Discovery, and the future home of the Fillmore Music attraction, the location couldn't be better. And, yes they host events! They were just cleaning up a birthday party when we walked in. So, check it out and don't forget to let me know what you think!
8622 Colesville Road
Silver Spring, MD 20910
(301) 562-8622






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too have to Highly recommend this place. I had the Cajun Tilapia and it was perfect. I'm not a big wine person, but there is an Australian white wine that I just loved.