Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gala Tasting at Design Cuisine

My organization's Fall Gala and Award Ceremony is one of the biggest events I manage all year. It's such a huge project that we hire an outside events company, the one and only Campbell Peachey and Associates, to assist in coordinating the logistics and vendor management. They're fantastic and with the schedule of events I have this Fall, I really don't know what I'd do without their help. Never heard of Carolyn Peachey? Well she's only the head of one of the top event companies in the DC Area. She's been a leader in the field since the late 70's, coordinating major annual events such as the Kennedy Center Honors. She's wonderful at what she does and it has been an absolute pleasure working with and learning from her for the past 3 years.

This afternoon we all headed over to Design Cuisine's Virginia office to select this year's Gala menu. Who wouldn't love downing bite after bite of delicious food, at a beautiful table, surrounded by DC movers and shakers with stories to tell. Sounds like a really cool night out, right? But this meal is all business. We worked our way through countless passed hors d' oevres and plated selections until we'd settled on a menu that I'm sure will be a hit. Highlights would have to be a peach glazed duck and a sinfully decadent Chocolate Corinthian featuring layers of brownie, chocolate and vanila ice cream, topped with a golden baked meringue and drizzlesd with hot fudge. It didn't make the cut, but against my better judgement I couldn't put my fork down. That's going to mean some extra time on the treadmill.

I hire Design Cuisine for many of our events throughout the year. They're a full service company that offers the best in gourmet cuisine and decor. They're always in the top 5 of Washingtonian's 20 best catering companies in DC. I'd certainly reccomend them for your next event!

Guru

No comments: