Monday, October 27, 2008

NYC or Bust! Bizbash Style Expo 2008

I'm headed up tp NYC for a little sightseeing, celebrating, and to attend the Eighth Annual BizBash New York Event Style Expo! The Style Expo is like a mini-bootcamp for event professionals. It's a day long conference with workshops focused on the latest trends, best practices, and inspiration. Located at the Javits Center, the expo will also include a tradeshow featuring over 300 of the area’s best exhibitors offering the latest and greatest products and services for event planners. Last year I walked away with more swag than I thought was possible. I'm certainly looking forward to hearing what Keynote speaker, Dax Callner the VP of Strategy and Planning for Jack Morton Worldwide has to say during his presentation on "Making the Case for Events in Challenging Economic Times". Sounds like a case for job security for this non-profit planner.

This year's expo just happens to coincide with my B-day, so I'm taking a little extra time to explore my beloved NYC. I've already got plans to stop by a few venues and I'll be sure to report back on what I find as well as any new products and services I may stumble upon at the expo.

For more info on the Bizbash Style Expo go to http://www.bizbash.com/

Until Thursday....get out there and live fabulous
Guru

No comments: