Saturday, November 8, 2008

Off to See the Wizards

I'm a pretty girlie girl and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I workout, I love being outdoors, I've even been know to go camping every now and then, but when it comes down to it, I can be a totally princess. While I could probably spend an entire Saturday watching a "What Not to Wear" marathon on the Style Network without food, sleep, or even a bathroom break, I have trouble sitting through a full game of any sport on television. So, when the BF got free tickets to last night's Wizards vs Knicks game at the Verizon Center, I originally told him he was on his own for this one. After thinking about all the tastings, benefits, and happy hours I drag him to, I decided I could stick it out for a few hours. Who knows...I may even enjoy myself.

So, after a pretty mellow day at work, I was off to see the Wizards. Say what you will about the Verizon Center, but I've been to quite a few events there and regardless of where I've sat, be it within spitting distance of the floor or way up in the nose bleeds, I've always had a great view of whatever was going on. One drink and a cheese burger later, I was really into the game and surprisingly enjoying myself. You gotta love a night out on the town where you can sit back and relax in comfy shoes, pig out on junk food, and scream at the top of your lungs without looking completely out of place or causing a major disturbance. I'll most likely be heading back some time soon.

In the end, the Wizards lost the game. They were so close. Maybe I jinxed them with my initial negative energy.

The moral of this story...try something new even if it's not necessarily your cup of tea. You might just surprise yourself.


Guru

No comments: