Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hot temps, hot sauce, hot Efron

Last night I stuck around Penn Quarter after work to catch an advance screening of Charlie St. Cloud at the Regal Gallery Place Theater. Before heading to the viewing, we stopped at California Tortilla for a quick bite to eat. I love that the food is quick, fresh, and delicious but  for me this place is really all about the sauce. A girl needs options and that's just what the "Wall of Flame" gives you.
This is my particular favorite, Thai Sting Sweet Chili Sauce. YUM!!! I put it on everything from tacos to salads. It's a great mix of sweet and spicy.
Speaking of sweet and spicy, how beautiful is Zach Efron. Seriously, look at those eyes. The movie was great. I'd say a 3.5 out of 5. I really enjoyed his performance and brief moments of shirtlessness. It's a bit of a tear-jerker (he cries A LOT)...with a touch of  The Sixth Sense and a dash of romance.  Compared to some of the big budget disasters that have come out in the last year, this is a solid movie with strong performances and an inspirational story.  It was somewhat choppy...I get the feeling that many scenes ended up on the cutting room floor...but over all a good date night choice.
Later,
Guru

No comments: