Friday, July 30, 2010

Single Girl's Supper: Grilled Shrimp and Mahi Mahi Salad

The other night I had an unexpected guest over for dinner. I whipped up this quick and tasty summer salad.  I recently purchased this 2 Burner Reversible Grill Griddle from Target and was excited to grill up some shrimp, mahi mahi, red and green peppers, and onions.
I seasoned the shrimp with a tiny dash of old bay, and rubbed the mahi mahi with a couple drops of olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili powder. On the grill they went with the chopped veggies. I used a bag of lettuce and a vinaigrette from Whole Foods. Their 365 balsamic vinaigrette is amazing! I lightly tossed the lettuce with the dressing, and some lemon juice. I also added a little lemon to the shrimp and fish once they were off the grill. I let the grilled items cool a bit before adding them to the lettuce.
We rinsed it down with a bottle of chilled Barefoot Moscato. It's a good, inexpensive choice for people that are just venturing out into the sometimes intimidating world of wine. It's crisp and sweet with touches of  peach and citrus. A great addition to an impromptu summer dinner party for two!

No comments: