Monday, August 23, 2010

Single Girl's Supper: Chinese Noodle Stir-Fry

I tried my hand at a recipe in one of my 5 cookbooks, "Perfect Wok & Stir-Fry". Turns out it takes quite a few ingredients to make a lot the dishes in this book...and by ingredients I mean....random stuff that normal single girls like me don't just have sitting around. So, I decided to wing it...using the recipe for spicy noodles with mushroom egg rolls for guidance.

Since I had about 2 of the 10 things it took to make the mushroom egg rolls, I nixed that part of the recipe all together. For the noodle dish, I used a bag of mixed stir-fry vegetables, Chinese noodles, and just about every Asian seasoning I have at my disposal. I stir-fried the veggies with garlic, chili powder, and a little soy sauce. I also used a curry noodle sauce from World To Table. I cooked the noodles according to the package and they were ready to go in about 5 minutes. I quickly stir-fried them in my wok and then added the curry noodle sauce and veggies. I poured myself a glass of lemonade and lunch was ready to go.

It was yummy and definitely makes me want to go out and buy of the ingredients necessary to really recreate on of the recipes in my cookbook. Plus, I have plenty of noodles left to try something new!

Later,
Guru

No comments: